From the OpenMRS website - openmrs.org: "Open Medical Record System (OpenMRS®) was created in 2004 as a open source medical record system platform for developing countries – a tide which rises all ships. OpenMRS is a multi-institution, non-profit collaborative led by Regenstrief Institute, a world-renowned leader in medical informatics research, and Partners In Health, a Boston-based philanthropic organization with a focus on improving the lives of underprivileged people worldwide through health care service and advocacy. These teams nurture a growing worldwide network of individuals and organizations all focused on creating medical record systems and a corresponding implementation network to allow system development self reliance within resource constrained environments."
Looking to get started at a developer? Read the blog post about a new book for OpenMRS developers. The book, "OpenMRS Developers' Guide", can be found at http://en.flossmanuals.net/openmrs-developers-guide/.
Work in Progress
An in-class activity to get students to think about the roll of open source in their career planning. Career Planning
An assignment for students to watch videos about OpenMRS and the technologies used in the project. OpenMRS.Setup
Directions to handle an OpenMRS ticket Handle an OpenMRS Ticket (Activity). Note: There are two FIXME comments in the file that state questions I have about git. Anyone have answers?
Outline for an independent study course. J. Taormina I.S. Fall 2013
Learn about recent activity in OpenMRS from OpenHUB.net (formerly ohloh.net)
OpenMRS in the Classroom
The following faculty are using, have used or are planning to use OpenMRS in a class.
- Darci Burdge (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stefan Christov (email@example.com)
- Ben Coleman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Steven Crain (...@plattsburgh.edu)
- Chuck Dierbach (email@example.com)
- Howard Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Greg Hislop (email@example.com)
- Emily Lovell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Becka Morgan (email@example.com)
- Tom Naps (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lori Postner (email@example.com)
- Michelle Purcell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ingrid Russell (email@example.com)
- JoAnne Taormina (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Karl R. Wurst (email@example.com)
Spring: TBD by a Doodle Poll - IRC: #foss2serve on freenode
Want to review our previous IRC Meetings?
- Meeting minutes
- Sign up on OpenMRS Community 
- Sign up for mailing list(s), including the Open MRS POSSE Alums mailing list
- Gather information on weekly meetings for various groups (OpenMRS University, Development, Design) - see below
Setting Up A Development Environment
Option 1: Follow OpenMRS Instructions for Manual Installation
- Visit: http://en.flossmanuals.net/openmrs-developers-guide/get-set-up/
- Scroll down to "Manual Installation" and follow the instructions given for your operating system
Option 2: Download a Virtual Machine with OpenMRS Pre-installed
- See OpenMRS-VM for more information about a virtual machine put together at POSSE 2015
- See OpenMRS-Dev for continued work on the VM above into a development environment virtual machine
- See OpenMRS-Dev1 for continued work on the VM above that allows the VM to function as an OpenMRS server where students can install newly developed OpenMRS modules that are compiled and built using the students' preferred IDE on their host machine for the VM.
- Download, install, etc.
- Track our own "journey" on how to approach the project - be able to model for a student
- Try to get to the point of being able to make a small contribution to the community
- Developer Guide
- Getting started as a developer: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer
- OpenMRS Pair Programming Philosophy: Pair Programming
- File structure of the core: Directory
- Chronicle article on the advantage of failing in CS: Next Time, Fail Better from the Chronicle of Higher Education
- OpenMRS meeting rooms: OpenMRS meeting rooms
- OpenMRS University - Weekly meetings Wed 9am EST: Weekly Meeting Information
- OpenMRS Developer's Forum - Information: Forum
Links from the 6/5 OpenMRS University Call
- Recording of Meeting: 
- Data Model: https://wiki.openmrs.org/download/attachments/589829/openmrs_data_model_1.9.0.png?version=3&modificationDate=1339463802000&api=v2
- Service Stack: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/GSOC+2012+Refactoring
- Demo: http://demo.openmrs.org/
Links found based upon 6/5 call
- Spring: http://www.springsource.org/
- Hiberate: http://www.hibernate.org/
- Maven: http://maven.apache.org/
- Git tutorial https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Using+Git
Links from the 6/6 OpenMRS Developers Call
- Pull Requests: http://connect.iu.edu/p4kh3841kqn/
- Community Supported Modules: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Community+Development+Swim+Lane
Links from the 6/12 OpenMRS University Call
- Recording of Meeting: 
POSSE Workshop Groups
- The think pad from the POSSE 2015 working group on POSSE2015-OpenMRS
Additional foss2serve Pages
Pages in category "OpenMRS"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.