Test Release Candidate (Activity)
Test Release Candidate
Student will test a release candidate for an open source software project and report findings.
Students will probably need to use git (see the Intro to GitHub (Activity) series).
|After successfully completing this activity, the learner should be able to:
| Process Skills
- Is there background reading material?
- Are there other activities the student should have done first?
- What is the rational for this activity?
- Include helpful hints to faculty here.
(reference links for later)
- Read about what release testing is and why it's done.
- Test a release.
- Write release testing instructions for a new version of a boxed cake mix.
- What will the student hand in?
- How will the activity be graded?
- How will learning will be measured?
- Include sample assessment questions/rubrics.
|Criteria||Level 1 (fail)||Level 2 (pass)||Level 3 (good)||Level 4 (exceptional)|
|The purpose of the project|
|Why the project is open source|
- What should the instructor know before using this activity?
- What are some likely difficulties that an instructor may encounter using this activity?
| ACM BoK
Area & Unit(s)
| ACM BoK
| Environment /
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Suggestions to Open Source Mentors
Suggestions for an open source community member who is working in conjunction with the instructor.