Course Format with Directions
Using This Format
The format shown below contains sections which describe the items that should be included when creating a Course. To use this format:
- Create a new page with the course name, institution, and author. For example: Software Engineering, Muhlenberg, Kussmaul
- Copy the source for this format into your new page.
- Follow instructions to fill in the sections below.
- Overview uses Template:Course Overview.
- Categorize the page using tags at the bottom of the page.
- Include [[Category:Courses]]
- Add relevant subcategory(s) from the list in, e.g. [[Category:CS1]]
- Remove [[Category:Format]], since this page is a format, but your new page is not.
- Use the Discussion tab (upper left of the page) to leave feedback to the author(s) of the course, such as usage or suggestions for enhancements.
|Course||course name, link, etc.|
|Institution||institution name, location, link, etc.|
|Instructor(s)||name(s) and contact info, homepage links, etc. if willing to be contacted|
|Term||semester, section, etc|
|Course Overview||course overview - description, intro/intermediate/advanced, required,elective|
|Student Characteristics||typical class size, student background, etc|
|Infrastructure||classroom, technology, support, textbooks, course paths, etc.|
- objectives & prerequisites should be active, student-centered, specific, and measurable
- the student will be able to...
- for the entire course, and/or for FOSS-specific parts of the course
- might include content & process skills
- might consider all levels of Bloom's taxonomy
- what will students do in this course, and how will it be evaluated
- Exams, assignments, projects, etc.
- should be tied to learning objectives
- major topics, events, milestones
- learning activities that can be adopted or adapted
- new learning activities that should or could be developed
- include links to foss2serve Learning Activities where appropriate
- reading assignments and supporting materials
- or link to course website
Notes to Instructor
- Tips, suggestions, lessons learned (warnings)...
- what next steps are desirable or possible for this course
For this blank format: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License