Pathway Format with Directions
A Pathway is a sequence of steps that a practitioner would follow to contribute to a humanitarian free and open source (HFOSS) project. Pathway steps are supported by Learning Activities and Learning Modules.
Using This Format
- Create a new page with a short, descriptive name that ends with "(Pathway)". See examples below.
- Copy the source for this format into your new page.
- Follow instructions to fill in the sections below.
- The Contribution should emphasize how this pathway helps the HFOSS project.
- In the table, list the Prerequisites for this pathway.
- This uses Template:Pathway Prerequisite Table.
- Areas include: Software Configuration, Issue Tracker, Tools, Community, etc.
- Each item should be active and student centered - do not use words like "know" or "understand".
- In the table, describe each step in the pathway, and the outcome of the step.
- Categorize the page using tags at the bottom of the page.
- Include [[Category:Pathways]].
- Remove [[Category:Formats]] since this page is a format, but your new page is not.
- When in doubt, look at existing Pathways as examples.
- Use the Discussion tab (upper left of the page) to leave feedback to the author(s) of the pathway.
Identify Relevant Learning Activities
Each pathway page is a topic category. To connect a learning activity to a pathway:
- On the Pathway page, in the list of steps, add a regular link to the activity for the step(s) it supports.
- On the Learning Activity page, at the bottom of the page, add a category link to each pathway it supports. For example:
- [[Category:Create Unit Tests (Pathway)]]
The contributor will: The contribution is:
|Area||The contributor must be able to:|
Pathway Steps, Outcomes, & Learning Activities
Follow the project’s policies and practices to complete the steps below.
|Pathway Step||Step Outcome||Process Skills Focus||Related Learning Activities|
|1. Description of this step||Outcome of this step||Links to process skills used to complete this step||Links to learning activities that support this step|
Notes for Learning Activities Related to this Pathway
When creating and revising activities:
For this blank format: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License