Stage 2 Activities/Stage 3 Planning Mousetrap
- Linda Webster
- Kevin Buffardi
- Dee Weikle
- Stoney Jackson
- Jeannie French
- Karen Alkoby email@example.com
Planning an Initial HFOSS Learning Activity
Please discuss and record your group's approach for an initial learning activity. When you have a good draft description of the learning activity using the sections below, you could create a learning activity page for it by copying the Learning Activity Format with Directions.
Ideas for Getting Started
- Lots of these can be put in the issue tracker (but not all)
- Different levels of activities / skills
- Research ideas / Professional development
- Getting started documentation
- Reference links will be helpful (Linux, Python, etc...)
- VM Fix (Currently doesn't work in VirtualBox)
- Update Website - incorrect information, broken images, etc. (Accessiblility? Section 508)
- HCI Testing (Wiki has a list of user requirements)
- Does this work with Jaws
- Videos with transcription / caption.
- Gnome Love - This is for beginners, but nothing is actually there for Mousetrap.
- On Foss2Serve - Wiki page w/ MouseTrap curriculum
- Changes - Bug Tracker: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=mousetrap
EACH ONE OF US NEEDS TO...
Update POSSE profile with our skills.
Course targeted for the activity
Brief description of the activity
Time you expect the HFOSS activity to take
e.g. # classes, # homework assignments, # lab activities, etc.
Whether the activity will be completed in class or out of class
Relationship of this activity to course goals/objectives
What students will submit upon completion of the activity
Approach for assessing the student work
Questions or concerns you have about implementing your activity
Support you will need to implement your activity
Planning Stage 3 Activities
Some comment: Should we use IRC? Stoney comments that Gnome has their infrastructure and if you want to be a part of that community then you have to be able to use their tools - this promotes the ability to communicate in the community as well.
Check resources section for links to IRC channels and a pointer to the Gnome resources.
<What will various group members do.>
Linda: Create wikipage for MouseTrap Curriculum and Activities - now.
Linda: Review Getting started documentation and web site, F16, course: Intro to SE (sophomore level).
Prior related POSSE groups, if any: