TeamMeeting 2014 01 Agenda
OpenFE Team Meeting Agenda
January 23-24, 2014
Goals for this Meeting
- Assess status of the project relative to the proposal
- Plan other actions needed to stay on track with the proposal
- Plan upcoming events for SIGCSE, CCSCNE, POSSE
- Identify / summarize what has been accomplished (in part for year 2 annual report)
- Discuss process for getting stipends to faculty who developed course materials
- Thursday afternoon: Arrive; target start time of 4pm
- Should this be 4pm at the hotel lobby or at NCC?
- Casual / Working dinner
- Work until 8 or 9 Thursday evening
- Work again on Friday, with a goal of continuing until 3pm (or later?) depending on when people need to travel to get home.
- Review JS' mapping and figure out what we need to track exactly:
- Student perception of work product quality
- Number of student HFOSS contributions
- What else? Need to go through the mapping and figure out what instruments we need to capture this information.
- Status of instruments
- Use of CAT or other validated instruments
- Direct measurement of learning
- Measuring Student Learning and Engagement
- How to measure stage 3 activity
- One year post survey for POSSE alum
- Tracking of individual POSSE alums and what they do with HFOSS
- Planning for 2014
- Date and location
- Need to update the SIGCSE 2014 page with the correct dates 
- Team attendees and instructors
- Having POSSE alums attend and present (or should this be a SIGCSE pre-event feature)
- Revising contents
- Does the 3 stage model work?
- How to support stage 3 faculty
- Plan more organized faculty mentoring?
- Red Hat support?
- How well have we packaged what we have?
- How do we create/collect more materials?
- Learning materials sprint
- How do we pay faculty members?
- Do we do partial payment when faculty have materials but haven't tested them yet?
- What is the billing mechanism?
- TOCE special issue on Team Projects in Computing Education
- April 1st deadline for abstract, August 1st deadline for paper
- What other targets do we have?
- Status and development plan
- How to get adoption
- Review of budget status
|4:00||Schedule review and adjustment|
|5:00||Status relative to proposal|
|6:00||Discussion of results and HFOSS status overall|
|7:15||Spring event planning - task list|
|8:00||Course materials status assessment|
|9:00||Return to hotel or home|