Test Driven Development
Revision as of 16:15, 16 February 2016 by Nyeates
- Idea 1: Find a project that already has a testing harness and associated tests; learn it, and add a new unit test
- Idea 2: Create a test harness to make, build, and run unit tests on an existing open source project
- Jim Bowring has done this in the past, though it seems they are lengthy projects vs a shorter activity; Do we want to create a “project”-oriented LA?
- Teach the “mental discipline” of testing
- How can we test a Requirement?
- Ensuring testing starts at user requirement gathering
- Iterating through tests once code has been written, helps to improve the tests
- Dave thinks ManageIQ does unit testing
- Background reading:
- http://www.cs.cofc.edu/~bowring/ - course in testing
- Boris Byser - the test guru
- Kent Beck - extreme programming (ford motor)