Learning Module Format with Directions
A "Module" is a collection of activities or other modules. A module include a series of two or more activities along with notes on sequencing, additional context, and other information.
Directions for Using This Template
The template below contains sections which describe the items that should be included when creating a module. To use this template:
- Create a new page with the word "Module" in the name. Please try to use a short, descriptive name.
- Fill in the sections below according to the instructions. Feel free to copy the source for this template into your new page.
- Categorize the page as "Category:Learning Module". Look at the source for an existing activity to see the syntax.
- Also categorize the page under one or more of the subcategories found at http://foss2serve.org/index.php/Learning_Activities
- Note that feedback to the author(s) of the activity regarding usage or suggestions for enhancements can be included via the Discussion tab (upper left of the page).
|Title||Name of the module|
|Overview||High level description of what the student will do|
|Prerequisite Knowledge||What topics and tools does the student need to know prior to beginning this module?|
|Learning Objectives||What should the student be able to do after completing this module?|
Is there background reading material?
Are there other activities the student should have done first?
What is the rationale for this module?
Include helpful hints to faculty here.
Include the sequence of activities
|Link to First Activity|
|Link to Second Activity|
What should the instructor know before using this module?
What are some likely difficulties that an instructor may encounter using this module?
|ACM Knowledge Area/Knowledge Unit||What ACM Computing Curricula 2013 knowledge area and units does this activity cover? ACM_Body_of_Knowledge|
|ACM Topic||What specific topics are addressed? The Computing Curriucula 2013 provides a list of topics - https://www.acm.org/education/CS2013-final-report.pdf|
|Level of Difficulty||Is this module easy, medium or challenging?|
|Estimated Time to Completion||How long should it take for the student to complete the module?|
|Materials/Environment||What does the student need? Internet access, IRC client, Git Hub account, LINUX machine, etc.?|
|Author(s)||Who wrote this module?|
|Source||Is there another module on which this module is based? If so, please provide a link to the original resource.|
|License||Under which license is this material made available? (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/)|
Suggestions for Open Source Community:
Suggestions for an open source community member who is working in conjunction with the instructor.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License