April 20-22, 2017 - Google, San Franscico CA
This workshop has three stages of participation:
- Stage 1 includes approximately 20 hours of online (both asynchronous and synchronous) activities
- Stage 2 includes a 2 ½ day face-to-face workshop
- Stage 3 is ongoing participation in a community of faculty members who use HFOSS in their classes
Please note that due to NSF funding, only faculty members at U. S. institutions who are teaching in the United States are eligible for support.
Welcome to the April 2017 POSSE! This page provides some basic information to help you get started.
There are several things that you should do to get set up for the POSSE experience. First, read this page thoroughly. Next, check that your login for this wiki works.
This POSSE will include three stages. The schedule for these stages is shown below.
Stage 1: February23rd - April 19th - Online activities
The activities for Stage 1 have been subdivided into three segments. Click on the link for each segment and please complete the activities by the due date.
|Part A||Due by March 13th, 2017|
|Part B||Due by April 4th, 2017|
|Part C||Due by April 19th, 2017|
Stage 2: April 20-22, 2017 - Workshop in San Francisco, CA
Note that attendance at Stage 2 is dependent on completing all Stage 1 activities.
Stage 3: April 23 and beyond - Small group participation in HFOSS projects
This POSSE provides support for travel, lodging, and meals. Details will be provided to participants by email.
- First connect to the server via the command: /server irc.freenode.net
- Second, join the foss2serve channel via the command: /join #foss2serve
- POSSE HFOSS projects
If you have questions contact one of the team members. For local arrangements, contact Greg Hislop at hislop at drexel.edu