This page contains pointers to projects that have something in common with the foss2serve effort to help students contribute to HFOSS.
- Benetech - "develops innovative and effective technology applications for unmet social needs" Work includes significant HFOSS activities.
- Social Coding 4 Good - Connected to Benetech. "Every day, there are thousands of people using technology tools to make a positive difference in millions of people’s lives. SocialCoding4Good is committed to providing a platform that amplifies this impact."
- IEEE EPICS - Engineering Projects in Community Service is a "program that organizes university and high-school students to work on engineering-related projects for local humanitarian organizations."
- OSI FLOW Syllabus - "a thoughtfully curated guide to the domains of community knowledge that will help anyone involved in creating, maintaining or deploying Free/Libre/Open Works."
- OSI OpenEdu Working Group - (an OSI proposal as of August, 2016) "The purpose of the Open Education OSI Working Group is to provide any interested parties with information and resources around open source in education, with a focus on incorporating open source technologies into curriculum."
- Open Academy "provides practical software engineering experiences through collaboration with top universities and open source projects around the world."
- Open Government A GitHub showcase of open source sponsored by government organizations.
- Tech Impact "Our mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world."
- CROSS - The Center for Research in Open Source Software - "Bridging the gap between student work and open source projects"
- Code for Good - An effort run by JP Morgan Chase that provides hackathon events combining student teams with employee mentors as part of the JP Morgan Chase employee recruiting pipeline. "In this program, you’ll collaborate with other coders to develop innovative technology solutions for non-profit organizations. You’ll also learn about starting a Technology career with us while being guided by the sharpest minds in our industry."
- Up for Grabs - This is a list of projects which have curated tasks specifically for new contributors.
- Issue Hub - Contribute to Open Source. Search issue labels to find the right project foryou!
- Pull Requests -- happens at the end of each year (Dec.)
- Code Triage - filterable by language
- Docs Doctor - Documentation contributions needed
- Contribute Hub - You like open-source? You want to contribute or get help with your own project? Contribhub brings these people together! Simply click "Wanna Help!" if you found something cool to hack on or put your repos on the list of needy.
- Code Montage - "projects to change the world"
- Pull Request Roulette - pull requests that need review
Courses with significant components related to open source, application of technology for humanitarian purposes, or both.
- Black Duck Open Hub - the former Ohloh.net
- Open Hub Blog - the former Ohloh Meta
- Open Hub Code Search - the former Ohloh code
- Teaching Materials Project on teachingopensouce.org - a collection of courses and materials related to teaching open source
- TOS textbook draft - Draft of a textbook for teaching about open source and how to be a participant
- FOSS for Geospatial Technology - Curriculum for GIS education built on FOSS products
- Free Technology Academy - "The Free Technology Academy (FTA) aims to contribute to a society that permits all users to study, participate and build upon existing knowledge without restrictions. The FTA offers an online master level programme with course modules about Free Technologies."