TeamMeeting 2015 01 Agenda
OpenFE Team Meeting Agenda
January 8-9, 2015
- AM - Travel
- PM - Meetings
- Target start time of 12pm at NCC - Lunch will be provided
- Casual / Working dinner
- Pick your dinner selection from the take out menu and by noon Wed. 1/7 and note below.
- Lori - would it make sense to order a large salad to share? (assuming they do things like that)
- Greg and Sean: Eggplant Parmigiana Pizza, Mighty Medium 16
- Heidi: Chicken francaise Bento box with italian dressing on the side. If by some chance that is a lunch-only option, A.B.F.Chicken Alla Griglia Salad.
- Stoney: Rigatoni Amatriciano
- Darci: A.B.F.Chicken Alla Griglia Salad
- Work until 8 or 9 Thursday evening
- Continue work
- Goal of working until 3pm at least depending on when people need to travel to get home.
Goals for this Meeting
- Assess status of the project relative to the proposal
- Plan actions needed to stay on track with the proposal
- Plan upcoming events for SIGCSE, CCSCNE, POSSE
- Identify / summarize what has been accomplished (in part for year 3 annual report)
- Plan 2015 activity
- Review of budget status
Planning for upcoming events
- SIGCSE, CCSCNE, ASEE
- Course materials sprint
- Academic and HFOSS community summit about education for HFOSS
- Planning for 2015
- Stage 1
- What revisions are needed?
- 6 vs 8 weeks
- Participation by POSSE alums of HFOSS project people
- Stage 2
- Date and location
- Team attendees and instructors
- POSSE alum who might attend and present - including having alums start to be full instructors
- What revisions are needed?
- Stage 3
- Assessing success of stage 3
- How can we better support stage 3 faculty?
- Plan more organized faculty mentoring?
- Red Hat support / participation in POSSE
- How well have we packaged what we have?
- How do we create/collect more materials?
- Should we hold a learning materials sprint? (Inspire -CT funds?)
- How do we encourage more contributions by POSSE grads?
- Use of stipends funds
- Measurements as defined in proposal
- Status of instruments
- Direct measurement of learning
- What sort of study designs are possible?
- Do we need instruments for this?
- Are there existing instruments that we might use, especially for professional skills?
- How to measure stage 3 activity
- One year post survey for POSSE alum
- Tracking of individual POSSE alums and what they do with HFOSS
- Status and development plan
- How to get adoption
- Is the group informatics effort too constrained by lack of predictable gathering place for stage 3 groups?
- Is there a way to create more predictable stage 3 interations?
- Possible alternative social media analytics task: can we apply these techniques to understand how people become HFOSS participants
- What background do they have?
- What steps do they take?
- What works and what doesn't?
- What problems and impediments are there?
- "As a potential participant, I would like more clarity in the expectations and the amount I should ask for so that I can write a reasonable proposal."
- What are the next targets?
- Need for a better round of evaluation and data collection to support publications
- Option of requesting an extension year
- Encouraging use of faculty stipends
- Interaction with Inspire-CT
- HFOSS community summit
- Participant support for follow-up events
- 50 ways - Part 2