S. Monisha Pulimood
Monisha Pulimood is a faculty member of the Department of Computer Science at The College of New Jersey. She is Pi of the NSF-TUES grant #1141170 "Collaborating Across Boundaries to Engage Undergraduates in Computational Thinking" (CABECT). Students in her Software Engineering and Database Systems classes and students doing research with her have been developing SOAP, a web-based system to share data on brownfields in the region.
1. How do people interact?
Through chat-type messages.
2. What is the pattern of communication? Fairly casual and free form. User ids are associated with each message so it's clear who is "speaking".
3. Are there any terms that seem to have special meaning?
The #topics and #info tags seem useful.
4. Can you make any other observations?
People can pipe up as and when they feel the need to.
Software engineering course
- Do FOSS field trip activity for Ushahidi
- Follow IRC channel if possible (check into firewall issues)
- Identify C++ based project for use in Fall 2013
- Can be in another language after the fall.
- Identify contributions needed
- Contribute documentation.
- Test module and create bug reports