POSSE - The Professors' Open Source Software Experience
June 17-19, 2019 - Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Please note that due to NSF funding, only faculty members at U. S. institutions who are teaching in the United States are eligible for support.
POSSE has three stages of participation:
- Stage 1 includes approximately 20 hours of online activities (both asynchronous and synchronous) over 8 weeks
- Stage 2 includes a 2.5 day face-to-face workshop
- Stage 3 is ongoing participation in a community of faculty members who use HFOSS in their classes
Welcome to POSSE! This page provides some basic information to help you get started.
There are several things that you should do to get set up for the POSSE experience. First, read this page thoroughly. Next, check that your login for this wiki works.
This POSSE will include three stages. The schedule for these stages is shown below.
Stage 1: April 22 - June 16 - Online activities
The Stage 1 activities have been subdivided into three segments. Click on the link for each segment and please complete the activities by the due date.
|Part A||Due by May 5, 2019|
|Part B||Due by May 26, 2019|
|Part C||Due by June 16, 2019|
Stage 2: June 17-19, 2019 - Workshop in Philadelphia, PA
The Stage 2 activities occur face to face.
Note that funding support for Stage 2 is dependent on completing all Stage 1 activities.
Stage 3: June 20th and beyond - Small group participation in HFOSS projects and the POSSE community
This POSSE provides support for travel, lodging, and meals. Details will be provided to participants by email.
- First connect to the server via the command: /server irc.freenode.net
- Second, join the foss2serve channel via the command: /join #foss2serve
- POSSE HFOSS projects
IRC Meeting Minutes
If you have questions contact one of the team members. For local arrangements, contact Greg Hislop at hislop at drexel.edu