I am currently (Fall 2015) Associate Professor and Chair of the Computer Science Department at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. I have taught software engineering since 1994 and frequently lead senior capstone projects. My research interests include computing education, interactive systems, and visual analytics. I run at least one 10k race each year and semi-seriously preparing for my first 1/2 marathon (2016?).
Answers to Activity A.4 "Introduction to IRC" - Part 1 :
- How do people interact? People interact conversationally.
- What is the pattern of communication? In one line sentence-like statements sometimes annotated with emoticons and/or IRC labels.
- Are there any terms that seem to have special meaning? IRC labels and usernames.
- Can you make any other observations? Each line has timestamp, author, and the text entered. IRC labels change the color of the text.
- Why do ACTIONS for Heidi and Darci not appear under 'Actions By Person'? Because the #Action statements have their usernames spelled in CamelCase (not all-lower).
Observations from Activity A.4 "Introduction to IRC" - Part 3 :
- <nothing here yet>
- <not all projects seem to be active at this time>
- Activity Team
- Dev Team
- Doc Team
- Release Cycle / roadmap
Sahana Eden Project
- release cycle